While Chiropractic care has been shown to correct mechanical low back pain and is in fact better than any other combined or individual form of treatment, Chiropractors take care of a lot more than back pain. Read on and find out how Chiropractic can help you.
Recently, we received a phone call from a patient who was calling to cancel her appointment. At the time, she had been receiving chiropractic care for her chronic migraine headaches, with excellent results, I might add. When asked why she was cancelling, she responded that just that afternoon she had strained her neck and had to go to the doctor. At that point, I was called to the phone to speak with her about her neck pain. After some questioning about the pain to make sure that it was not catastrophic, I asked her why she was not coming in so that I could treat her neck pain? She answered, "I thought you only treated the bones. This is a muscle problem!"
Where did I go wrong, I thought. How did I fail to inform her at the beginning that Chiropractors were expert in the treatment of musculoskeletal pain? That is, the joints, the muscles and indeed the nerves are all intertwined, and function as a unit. Chiropractors deal with muscles, nerves and joints (and tendons and bursas and ligaments!)
From that point forward, I made it my plan to let everyone know when to visit the Chiropractor. So in case I have forgotten to inform you, here is a list of the kinds of musculoskeletal problems Chiropractors can help you with.
- Neck pain, whether you sprained or strained it at home, in a car accident or at work.
- Back pain, that is upper, middle or lower back pain.
- Pain in your joints, such as shoulder, elbow, knee, wrist, hip, ankle, feet or hands.
- Pain in your arms or in your legs
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI)
- Frozen shoulder
- Tennis elbow or Golfer's elbow,
- Foot pain including plantar fasciitis, metatarsalgia, pes planus (flat feet) and bunions
- Headaches, such as from tension, migraines or sinus
- WSIB claims and Motor Vehicle Accident Claims (coverage is immediate)
- Custom Orthotics for painful, achy, tired feet
You do not need a prescription from your family doctor for most of the health services at Keyes To Health, including for accident coverage or workers comp.
If you have a pain complaint that is not on the list, or if you have pain and have been wondering what to do about it, please contact the clinic by phone or email and we will let you know if it something we can help you with.
Also, feel free to pass this newsletter on to your friends, neighbours, collegues and family members, as they may be looking for relief from pain too.
The Staff and Therapists at Keyes To Health are committed to providing you with the most comprehensive professional care and courteous treatment for your health complaints.